Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Pictures




These are the two pictures I am using for this project. The original photos were taken by Issa Touma (the Festival's Director) in a December morning in Aleppo. They were then worked upon by Joana Morais (www.manamana.pt). I have taken the photos of the monster in Amsterdam, Ji-Huyn Youn being my "model" inside the suit.
I have chosen the second photo for my webflyer and the first photo was chosen by the Festival's organization for their catalogue. I prefered the second photo because a woman and a child are depicted in it, and those are my communication targets in this project. The first photo, where you can see in the background a picture of the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, is also good: no matter where you are in Syria you constantly see depictions of their leader in different formats all over public spaces. It reminds you that "he is watching you". But of course, it could also be "his kind eye looking upon his people"... it depends on how you choose to look at it. The political aspect of my project is very important as in Syria it is an overwhelming issue, but I rather address it through human contact than through direct referencing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home